Georgia is one of the most underestimated destinations in Europe when it comes to discovering breathtaking nature, unique landscapes, and beautiful cities. The small country with a population of almost four million people is wedged between the Black Sea and the Caucasus where Europe meets Asia. Thus, it is one of the most beautiful and spectacular places on Earth for every adventurous soul and is full of surprising secrets. However, Georgia has not just a unique and ancient cultural heritage but is also very famous for its tradition of hospitality and cuisine.
The ideal time for a holiday in Georgia is from mid-May to early July and from early September to mid-October. These months are usually not too hot but warm and sunny. Perfect for hiking and watching magnificent hues above the mountains. Green valleys and vineyards are spread across the whole country and old churches and watchtowers integrate themselves perfectly in the mountain scenery.
Places to go:
- Vardzia: A breathtaking cave monastery near Aspindza in southern Georgia which looks like in Lord of the Rings
- Kazbegi: A small town in the north of Georgia located in a valley of the Kazbek Mountain and in the middle of the Caucasus
- Mtsvane Kontskhi (also called Green Paradise): A spectacular scenery including a enchanting green forest, botanical garden and is directly next to a beach
Cities to go:
- Tbilisi: Georgia’s capital offers a charming blend of historical and modern architecture to explore (see picture below)
- Batumi: A vibrant summer holiday city with many attractions and a beautiful beach
- Kutaisi: Not just the parliament is located here but also many historical attractions and natural sights
Food to try:
- Khinkali: Georgian dumplings (see picture)
- Khachapuri: Georgian Cheese Bread
- Matsoni: Georgian yogurt
- Badrijani Nigvzit: Roasted eggplant strips, served flat and topped with walnut paste
It’s hard to beat Georgias’ natural culture and beauty. Thus, the enchanting country is perfect for travelers of any kind: from passionate canvas walkers, horse riders, cyclists, skiers, history and architecture fans as well as gourmets. What are you waiting for? Discover Georgia this summer with Yanair ✈